Kenneth B. Germain | Of Counsel
Practice Areas: Categories: Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Trademarks
Ken Germain has more than 40 years of varied experience in the trademark/unfair competition field and is a former full-time law professor. He focuses his practice on trademark counseling, consulting and litigation, including Early Neutral Evaluation. Ken is often retained as an expert witness on issues relating to trademarks and unfair competition, working on cases involving some of the nation’s largest companies in high-stakes, cutting-edge cases. He has testified in court over 15 times.
Ken has been an active speaker on trademark and unfair competition, lecturing at national, regional and local conferences over 280 times. In addition, in 1990 Ken founded, and until 2014 chaired, the All Ohio Annual Institute On Intellectual Property seminar. This seminar is in its 26th year, provides two-city programming (Cincinnati, Cleveland) covering all aspects of IP, and is the largest (350 attendees per city), oldest, full-day IP CLE program in and around Ohio.
Ken served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law for a number of years, teaching trademark/unfair competition courses. Later, Ken served as the Distinguished Professorial Practitioner in the University of Dayton Law School’s Program in Law and Technology. Later, after serving as the Distinguished Senior Fellow in connection with the Law + Informatics program of the NKU Chase School of Law, Ken resumed his position at the University of Dayton.
California (inactive) (1970)
New York University School of Law, J.D.
– Associate Editor of the N.Y.U. Law Review
Rutgers College, A.B. (magna cum laude)
– Elected to Membership in Phi Beta Kappa
- Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers (2001-present )
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2004-present )
- Ohio Super Lawyers (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- World Trademark Review, The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (2014-present )
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®: Cincinnati, Intellectual Property Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2011)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®: Cincinnati, Trademark Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2012)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®: Cincinnati, Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2014)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®: Cincinnati, Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law “Lawyer of the Year” (2015)