Theodore R. Remaklus | Partner
Practice Areas: Categories: Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Mechanical/Aerospace, Trademarks
Ted Remaklus is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice, with concentrations in trademark and litigation matters. He oversees more than 1,000 U.S. trademark properties and more than 4,000 foreign trademark properties for a diverse range of clients. Ted is currently a member of the Executive Committee of Wood Herron & Evans, which manages the firm’s operations.
- Iconix Brands and its Buffalo David Bitton, Cannon, Charisma, Danskin, Marc Ecko, Fieldcrest, London Fog, Modern Amusement, Rocawear, Royal Velvet, Starter, Umbro, Waverly and Zoo York brands
- American Eagle Outfitters
- American Signature, Inc. (One of the largest privately-held furniture retailers in the country)
- Phi Delta Theta, Phi Mu, and a variety of fraternities and sororities
- Skyline Chili
- Kraco Enterprises, Auto Expressions, and other automotive aftermarket suppliers
- Roto-Rooter Corporation, Safe Auto Insurance Company, Carlisle Companies, and other major industrial and service companies
Ted has litigated matters in federal and state courts across the country and has argued before the Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits.
Representative Recent Decisions:
Kerr Corp. v. Freemall Mfg. & Supply Co., 2009 U.S. App. LEXIS 6342 (6th Cir. March 23, 2009), obtaining a reversal on all counts of a grant of summary judgment for defendant and remanding for trial in a breach of contract, trademark and trade dress infringement action
DSW, Inc. v. Shoe Pavilion, Inc., 537 F.3d 1342 (Fed. Cir. 2008), obtaining a reversal of a grant of summary judgment of non-infringement of the patent in suit, construing the claims to read on the accused product, and remanding for trial
Atlanta Attachment Co. v. Leggett & Platt, Inc., 516 F.3d 1361 (Fed. Cir. 2008), obtaining a reversal of a grant of summary judgment of infringement and obtaining a holding the asserted patent was invalid for being on-sale.
- Intellectual Property and New Product/Process Development (2004 International Nonwovens Technology Conference)
- Licensing and Defending Trademarks (2004 Fraternal Law Conference)
Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth and Federal Circuits
U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, District of Colorado, Eastern District of Michigan, Northern District of Ohio and Southern District of Ohio
University of Cincinnati, J.D.
Polytechnic University, M.S., Mechanical Engineering
University of Cincinnati, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
International Trademark Association
Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Patent and Patent Law (2012)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation: Patent and Patent Law (2013-14)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Copyright Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent and Patent Law (2015)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Cincinnati Litigation – Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year (2015)